Pancake Day! Here’s our favourite recipe...
Posted on February 09 2016
It’s that time again, when we all give our hand at making pancakes. Lucky for us, @Papaya_Sunshine, has eclipsed everyone else with her beautiful Banana Pancakes recipe. With her permission we present this to you…
(TIP – Trust us, it will taste all the better while listening to Jack Johnson’s apt song of the same name… Link below)
Go grab yourself:
- 1 cup of spelt flour (all purpose gluten free works great to)
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Maca Powder
- 1 banana
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp. of coconut sugar (optional)
- 50g Nutriseed Cacao Paste
- ¼ cup hazelnut milk
- 2 -3 tbsp. maple syrup (depending how sweet you like the chocolate sauce)
You ready? Here goes…
For the pancakes:
- In a bowl Mash the banana as much as possible so that it's runny, then adding the vanilla and almond milk and mix well.
- Then add the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly until you have a batter.
- Heat the pan with a little coconut oil and add little dollops of the mixture to the pan.
- Wait until little bubbles start to form then flip the pancakes. Serve topped with peanut butter and chocolate sauce.
For the rich dark chocolate sauce:
- Gently warm Nutriseed Cacao Paste, hazelnut milk and syrup together in a pan over a low heat stirring continuously to avoid burning and sticking. You should get a lovely velvety smooth chocolate sauce to drizzle over your pancakes.
@Papaya_Sunshine, her mouth-watering and beautiful imagery can be found on Instagram here.