Breakfast Smoothie Ice Lollies
Fancy the goodness of a natural vitamin-filled smoothie, in a bite-sized healthy treat? Look no further; these breakfast smoothie lollies are for you!
These little delights make the perfect breakfast on the go or a sweet and healthy dessert for the whole family. Make a batch (12 approx.) for the week and you're good to go!
- 1 large banana
- 300g frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries work perfectly)
- 50g Nutriseed Porridge Oats
- 1 Tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Maca Powder
- 400ml pure organic apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 Tbsp. honey (optional)
- 12 wooden lolly sticks
- A lolly mould, ideally serving 12
- Place the bananas, frozen berries, Nutriseed Porridge Oats and organic apple juice in a blender, and blitz for a couple of minutes until the berries and banana are completely smooth and the porridge oats liquidised.
- Add the Nutriseed Organic Maca Powder and continue to blend.
- Taste your mixture for sweetness. (If the bananas are lovely and ripe, they should contain enough natural sugars, but they are not quite ripe, worry not, add the honey to taste.
- Divide the smoothie mixture into 12 ice-lolly moulds, drop in some lolly sticks and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, simply wiggle the lolly sticks to loosen the lollies and lift them out of the mould, and enjoy!