Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancake Stack
Whether you’re looking to impress at the breakfast table or serve up something deliciously light but indulgent for pudding - you won’t go far wrong with this delectable pancake stack.
These are chocolatey, totally yummy and use healthier ingredients than standard (so you could even get away with topping up with more chocolate sauce for a special occasion - what more could you ask for?)
We’ve dressed ours with fresh berries and mint leaves, but you can ring the changes with the final touches to match your own theme.
Here’s what you will need:
- 125g flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Total Superfoods powder
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 6 fl oz milk (or non dairy equivalent)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (or similar)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (honey or agave)
- Oil for frying
- 2 tsp chocolate chips (optional)
Fresh berries, fruit compote, choc chips, chopped nuts, sweet pouring sauce (chocolate or vanilla), yogurt.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cacao, Total Superfoods, baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork until smooth, then combine with the milk (or nut milk), oil and maple syrup (or honey/agave) in a measuring jug.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add a little extra milk or syrup to achieve the perfect consistency and sweetness (add two tsp of chocolate chips if desired).
- Heat a little oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake into the pan and fry until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip over and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and add toppings of your choice.
- Serve with ice cream, or hot sweet chocolate or vanilla sauce. Enjoy!