Pumpkin Apple Smoothie
Although its spooky season, let’s be honest, there’s nothing scary about this Pumpkin Apple Smoothie. If anything, its creepily delicious! The flavours of pumpkin and apple go together beautifully, highlighted by the pumpkin pie spice, and will keep you full for hours.
We recommend that you make a batch of the pumpkin pie spice so that you have it on hand for your next smoothie, or any other recipes you may be making. Super easy to make and handy too. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Porridge Oats
- ¼ cup fresh pumpkin
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 medium apple, (cut into pieces, skin on)
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- A handful of ice cubes
- A handful of Nutriseed Pumpkin Seeds to top
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp. Nutriseed Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1 ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Simply through all of these into a bowl, whisk together, and store in an airtight container.
- Chop the fresh pumpkin and then place into your blender and pulse.
- Add in the Nutriseed Porridge Oats and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Place oats in blender and blend for about 30 seconds until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.