The Only Smoothie Recipe You Need This Autumn
Smoothie, smoothies, smoothies… Yep, we love ‘em; the perfect nutritional and refreshing brekkie on a warm day. And when it’s not such a warm day? Well, you can still enjoy them, but we prefer a rich warming smoothie instead.
This here is the perfect warming hug-in-a-mug(/glass), combining slow energy releasing porridge oats, rich chocolatey flavours and protein from almonds and chia seeds. Wake up to this on a cool Autumnal morning, and you’ll thank us later!
- 20g Nutriseed Porridge Oats
- 15g dark chocolate (at least 70%), finely chopped
- 200ml almond milk
- ½ a ripe, medium sized banana
- A handful of Nutriseed Almonds
- 5g Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds
- 20ml cold water
- Into a jug or microwavable bowl, add the dark chocolate and pour in the almond milk.
- Microwave on high until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (this can also be done in a pan if you prefer).
- Add the Nutriseed Porridge Oats, banana, Nutriseed Almonds, Nutriseed Organic Chia seeds, the water and around a fifth of the almond milk to your blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm.
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- During blending, further heat the rest of the almond/chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the almond/chocolate mix.
- Top with some almonds oats, and chia seeds and enjoy!