Everything you need to know about Adrenal Fatigue
Dr. James Wilson, PhD, created the phrase Adrenal Fatigue in 1998 and classified it as a "group of related signs and symptoms (a syndrome) that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level."
Studies have shown that this condition often affects people who are most frequently in highly stressful situations. Along with how lifestyle affects the body’s ability to recover from all forms of stress, adrenal fatigue is often followed by more serious illnesses.
If you suspect that you are suffering from adrenal fatigue, allow Nutriseed to help you with this article. Here, we take a deeper look at the causes and symptoms as well as how adrenal fatigue can be best managed and, in time, cured.
Below are some of the causes of Adrenal Fatigue. If you suspect you're suffering from it, take a closer look at your lifestyle. Be honest about how stressed you are most days. Consider your diet, the amount of sleep you get and how well you're taking care of yourself:
- The adrenal glands, pituitary gland and hypothalamus are functioning below par
- Long-term physical stress
- Long-term emotional stress
- A generally-negative outlook on life
- Poor diet
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lack of sleep
Because the symptoms of adrenal fatigue are so alike the those of a lot of other illnesses, it’s not always very easy to diagnose. You may not observe all of the following symptoms in yourself. However, if you find yourself ticking off three or more of the items below, you might want to consider seeing a doctor.
- Food cravings
- Low blood pressure
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- Overuse of stimulants (coffee, sweets, energy drinks, etc.)
- Inability to handle stress
- Weak immune system
- Craving for salty foods
- Dry skin
- Asthma, allergies or other respiratory complaints
- Lines in your fingernails
- Lower back pain
- Weight gain
- Loss of muscle tone
There's nothing better than knowing for sure whether you're suffering from something or not. After having consulted a doctor, it's now time to beat Adrenal Fatigue. There's no one way of just going about it though. The idea is to take better care of yourself.
What follows are some of the ways that you can stop Adrenal Fatigue:
- Constant relaxation (meditation, short naps, breathing exercises and the like)
- Overhaul your diet (less sugar, more proteins, avoid caffeine, stay hydrated and the like)
- Identify food allergies and avoid them
- Eat at the right times (do NOT skip breakfast and time your meals to once every three hours)
- Get better sleep
We all want to be healthier and to have better quality of life for our loved ones. Adrenal fatigue can be viewed as your body’s way of telling you to pause and avoid more stress. Begin by looking after yourself better and being kinder to yourself. Scale back if you feel like you’re taking on too much and don’t be afraid to take breaks or go on vacations.
Nutriseed has a great many products that you can incorporate in your diet to help you fight adrenal fatigue. Head on over to our product pages and consider purchasing the following or choosing one product from our collections: