Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
If you want to treat yourself at home before you begin your day, a cup of our Matcha Green Tea Latte just might do the trick. A matcha latte is a distinctive but simple drink to make whether you like yours hot or cold, and the good news is, you don’t have to leave the house to get it from a fancy coffee shop. A cup of DIY matcha latte gives the drink a cosier, more home-spun feel.
The trick to preparing a cafe style matcha green tea latte is to make the tea first, then add the hot milk and foam.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Nutriseed Ceremonial Green Matcha Tea
- Drinking water
- Milk (Frothed)
- Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar
- Pour the matcha powder into a mug along with the water
- Let the tea "bloom". This allows the tea flavors to properly unlock and usually takes about 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk rapidly to break up any small pieces
- For this you can use a wooden matcha whisk or a small metal whisk (a matcha whisk works best)
- Finish with the frothed milk
- Add some coconut sugar for a bit of healthy sweetness
- Pour into your favorite morning mug and enjoy!
If you don’t have a milk frother, don’t fret! Here’s how you can make it by hand:
- Add the milk to a small saucepan along with the sweetener of your choice over medium heat
- Turn off the heat when tiny bubbles start to appear along the edge of the saucepan
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and whisk it until a foam forms
- Scoop the foam over your drink
You can also add a small amount of Nutriseed Ground Cinnamon or Nutriseed Vanilla Powder for a more customised flavour.
Curb your need for a caffeine fix in the morning with a healthier option. Using Nutriseed products also means you’re using natural products that are flavourful but gluten-free, vegan-friendly and rich in vitamins, fibre and amino acids among many others.
Get your morning to a kicking start and create your own Matcha Green Tea Latte!