Raw Salted Caramel Chocolates
Howdy Nutri Fans,
With Easter on the way we all have one word on our lips – Chocolate! At Nutriseed Towers we are self-confessed chocoholics and love nothing more than a good nosh of the brown stuff. In light of the season we’d like to present to you an awesome recipe for salted caramel chocolates. These look rather similar to an old school favourite confection that we’d rather not name, but rhymes with YOLO… But guess what guys, these are vegan :-).
This recipe comes from Sam over at I AM INTO THIS; a lifestyle blog run by Sam and her bestie Teresa, who like to 'discover and share new things that make women look and feel amazing'. With their permission we’d like to present to you their delicious Raw Salted Caramel Chocolates…
Go grab yourself…
For the chocolate:
- 80g Nutriseed Cacao Butter
- 20g Nutriseed Cacao Paste
- 5 tbsp. Nutriseed Cocoa Powder
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (Sam used Sukrin icing sugar, but maple syrup is also good!)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the caramel:
- ½ cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ Nutriseed Coconut Oil
- Drop caramel flavouring
- Pinch of salt, to taste
Your ready? Here goes…
- Start by making your chocolate. Gently melt the Nutriseed Cacao Butter and Nutriseed Cacao Paste (do NOT let it burn!), then whisk in the remaining ingredients, blending smooth if necessary. Spoon a teaspoon of the chocolate mix into chocolate moulds, ensuring the bottom is completely covered. Set aside the remaining mixture and place the mould in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm a little.
- In the meantime, make the caramel by blending all ingredients together until completely smooth.
- Gently reheat your remaining chocolate (if necessary - mine always sets a little!) and whisk smooth. Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon a little caramel into the centre of each chocolate mould. Spoon over the leftover chocolate onto each mould, then place back in the fridge to set for a few hours.
- Once ready to eat, carefully remove from the moulds and enjoy!
Have your own recipes? We'd love to hear about them! Send them over to email@example.com and if we use them, you will be entered into our monthly draw to win your very own very own Nutri-Megabox!