9 Health Benefits of Bee Pollen
Howdy Nutri Fans,
We are ecstatic to reveal that we are now stocking one of nature’s most potent healers, Bee Pollen! *fist pump*
The gold stuff from our little black and yellow friends has long been known as one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods as it contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. (No, really!) It contains more protein than any other animal source and more amino acids than beef, eggs and cheese (of equal weight).
If that isn’t enough for you, here are 9 further reasons to add fresh Bee Pollen to your diet:
- Weight management - This stuff may be sweet, but it actually stimulates the metabolism and helps to control hunger cravings, while the lecithin aids by flushing fat from the body and protecting against bad cholesterol.
- Allergies – Get the sniffles in hay fever season? We feel your pain… Bee pollen has actually been proven to lower histamine production, helping allergies, and especially hay fever. Best to begin taking it six weeks prior and throughout the season.
- Skin soother – Bee pollen has often been used to treat inflammatory conditions and common skin irritations such as eczema and psoriasis. The vitamins and amino acids in the bee pollen actually protect the skin and cell regeneration.
- Look booodiful – No one wants to grow old, however as mere humans this is out of all of our hands. (We’re working on it though!). However, no one wants to look as if they are growing old either; but our friend bee pollen can help you here too – it stimulates the growth of skin tissue, helps to prevent skin dehydration and increases blood supply to skin cells. Therefore, the gold stuff can help to slow premature aging.
- Improve your ticker – Forgive us for getting technical here but bear with us. Bee pollen is rich in the flavonoid called rutin, and it is this that enables it to strengthen blood cell walls, improving circulation and overall heart health.
- Helps your tum – Besides being a rich source of minerals, vitamins and protein, bee pollen also contains enzymes; these are known to help you digest and assist in getting all the nutrients you need from the food that you eat.
- Energy booster – The vast array of nutrients found in bee pollen makes it an awesome natural energizer. The B vitamins, protein and carbohydrates can also keep you going throughout the day by strengthening stamina and fighting off fatigue.
- Boost your immunity – According to ‘holistic expert’ Dr Joseph Mercola, bee pollen can protect the body from contracting viruses because it contains antibiotic-type properties. Due to its richness in antioxidants, it protects cells from damaging oxidation of free radicals.
- Treat addictions – Bee pollen has been used holistically for healing addiction and cravings by suppressing impulses. Because bee pollen has been known to crash these cravings, particularly for food, it is a further way that the gold stuff can aid in weight management.
Wet your appetite for the gold stuff? Click here to find out more.