Christmas Chia Cookies
Posted on December 18 2015
With Christmas just a few days away we wanted to share our latest superfood creation; Christmas chia cookies! Yes our friends, you are going to love these. Filled with raw almonds, dates, cocoa powder and our bestie, chia seeds, these guys are sure not to disappoint.
Go rustle up:
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup dates (remove the stones first)
- 1/4 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- dash of almond essence (go easy as it’s very powerful)
You ready? Here goes:
- Put the dates (remove the stones first) in a hand blender or food processor and blitz until a paste is formed.
- Add the whole almonds, cocoa powder, chia seeds, vanilla and almond essence. Blitz until everything is combined.
- Finally add the slivered almonds and pulse in until they are incorporated into the mix.
- Transfer onto baking paper, place another sheet on top and roll out either using a rolling pin. Quick hint - you want the cookies about 1/2 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out medium sized cookie pieces. Wrap each cookie in baking parchment and refrigerate (preferably for a few hours but they can be eaten immediately too).
Have your own recipes? We'd love to hear about them! Send them over to email@example.com and if we use them, you could be in for your very own Nutri-Megabox worth £100!