Feed Your Soul With Our Delicious Buckwheat & Chia Soup
Posted on October 07 2016
Nutriseed's Buckwheat and Chia soup recipe is perfect for the winter months; when your hot water bottle and onesie are your besties.
The recipe combines fresh, seasonal veggies with Buckwheat and Chia Seeds, to make for a healthy, hearty hug in a mug. Our Buckwheat and Chia soup serves 4-6 people, making a delicious and healthy family meal.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped thyme
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ cup Nutriseed Roasted Buckwheat
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds.
- 4-5 cups (1-1.25 litres) vegetable stock (preferably homemade)
- A large handful fresh kale (stems removed and leaves roughly chopped)
- Pinch of Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- Splash of Soy sauce or tamari, to taste
Now let's get cooking? Here goes...
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, adding the onion and cook, stirring often for 2-3 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add the garlic, thyme, bay leaf, carrot and celery and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the Nutriseed Organic Roasted Buckwheat and and stir well. Pour over 4 cups (1 litre) of the vegetable stock, season with a good pinch of Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the buckwheat is tender.
- Add the chopped kale and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding an extra cup of stock or water if needed, season with soy sauce (we prefer gluten free soy sauce)/tamari to taste.
- Sprinkle with Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds, serve and enjoy.