Mouth-Watering Homemade Kale Chips Recipe
At Nutriseed we are big fans of kale. It's chock-full of important vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy lifestyle. We use kale in our fresh juices, and we love adding it in powdered form to our smoothies. We have now found a favourite recipe for Kale Chips!
Kale Chips aren’t particularly new, but this recipe is, and it’s one of the best we’ve come across. These healthy chips are just bursting with flavour! (And take only a few minutes to prepare).
The next time you are entertaining guests, bust these out of the oven for them and they’ll only be asking for more…
- ½ bunch kale leaves (approx.)
- ½ tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ tbsp. Nutriseed Turmeric
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- Begin by preheating your oven to 150°C, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove all the kale leaves from the stems and put aside as we won’t be needing them. (You can however still keep them for juices if you like).
- Wash the leaves and dry them thoroughly (ideally in a salad spinner).
- Once completely dry, put the leaves in a large bowl and massage in the Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Once the leaves are all coated in the coconut oil, add in the seasonings and spices and toss so that they are all evenly spread.
- Spread out the kale leaves on your baking sheet, making sure that they are single layered.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven, and then rotate the tray, and bake for another 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them.
- Allow the Kale Chips to cool for a couple of minutes and then dig in!