Halloween Crispy Creepy Witch Fingers
These healthy bake witch fingers make the perfect addition to your spooky Halloween party this year. With no food colouring, or any other artificial ingredients at all, these are the perfect Halloween treats to make your party one horror to remember.
In order to make this recipe even healthier, instead of strawberry jam, use the Nutriseed recipe for Acai Berry Jam.
- 1 cup butter (226 grams), softened
- 1 cup (115 grams) Nutriseed Coconut Sugar (powdered in a coffee grinder)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- 1 1/3 cups (167 grams) Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup (105 grams) Nutriseed Almonds
- ½ - 1 cup (118 - 236ml) strawberry jam (or Nutriseed Acai Berry Jam)
- Beat the butter and Nutriseed Coconut Sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg, almond extract, and Nutriseed Vanilla Powder and mix. When fully combined, add the Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour and salt. When thoroughly combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 165°C. Take about a quarter of the dough out of the fridge and begin rolling in our into fingers. Around the length and thickness of your pinky is perfect. Add a Nutriseed Almond to the tip for the fingernail and press down to make sure it's secure. Form a knuckle in the fingers by squeezing and then use a knife to make some creases. Place on baking paper, leaving about 2cm between them. Repeat with the rest of the dough until the cookie sheet is full.
- Bake for 17 - 22 minutes or until slightly golden. Let the cookies cool, and then remove the almonds from the cookies. Add some strawberry jam (or homemade Acai Berry Jam) in the cavities and then put the almonds back, making sure you used enough jam for them to ooze a little. Also add some jam around knuckles for extra nastiness.
- Place onto a plate, and use the remainder of the jam as a dip.