Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger
There are times - when you fancy something totally indulgent and satisfying - and only a burger will do!
This fabulous veggie burger recipe ticks every box and is certainly an option that even the most hardened of meat-eaters will find hard to beat in the flavour stakes.
The perfect mix of spices and aromatics, like oregano, cayenne, and plenty of fresh garlic, makes them seriously delicious - and will have everyone clamouring for more.
Dressed with all your favourite garnishes and relish, and served with a side of french fries or sweet potato fries, they look pretty darn impressive too!
Here is what you’ll need:
Ingredients: (makes 2)
- 15 oz. can of Black Beans
- 2 Wholemeal Burger Buns
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1 large Onion
- 1/2 cup (64g) Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 cup (64g) Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (64g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Provolone (or other preferred) Cheese Slices
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- Drain the canned black beans and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the black beans to a large bowl and mash using a fork or potato masher. Set to the side.
- Cut your onion and red pepper into large pieces and chop finely. Drain any excess liquid and add to the same bowl as the beans.
- Add remaining burger ingredients and seasonings, mix, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form bean mixture into patties and cook at medium to high heat for 5 minutes per side adding a cheese slice once flipped.
- Build your burger by adding lettuce, tomatoes, and favourite relish.