Summer Superfood Quinoa Salad
Posted on June 02 2017
This Summer Superfood Quinoa Salad is bursting with flavour, protein and vitamins and is ideal for this time of year.
Perfect as a side to your main when entertaining, or make a batch on a Sunday evening, and enjoy at work (or home) during the week.
For the Quinoa:
1 tsp. of Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup Nutriseed Royal Quinoa
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 ½ – 2 cups chopped kale
¼ cup Nutriseed Dried Cranberries
¼ cup Nutriseed Goji Berries
1/3 cup Nutriseed Almonds (sliced)
1/3 cup green onions
For the Dressing:
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Begin by rinsing the Nutriseed Royal Quinoa.
- Add the Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to a sauté pan and roast the quinoa for around 4-6 minutes.
- In a separate pan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil, and then add the quinoa. Turn the heat right down, cover and let simmer for around 15 minutes, so that all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the kale, the Nutriseed Dried Cranberries, Goji Berries and Almonds to the pot. Lightly stir until fully combined, cover and let sit for around 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and let cool.
- Now it’s time to make your dressing; a delicious vinaigrette that will bring out all of the ingredients’ flavours.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients; the Dijon mustard, olive oil and red wine vinegar, into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- When ready to serve, drizzle around ¼ of the dressing over the quinoa, season to taste and enjoy.