Homemade Superfood Roasted Nut Butter
Posted on January 26 2016
Healthy nut butters are BIG at mo, and this hasn’t gone unnoticed by us at Nutriseed Towers. So we decided to create our own Superfood Roasted Nut butter. It really gives a bang for its buck in the protein stakes, combining almonds, walnuts and hemp powder, along with more natural goodness from our good ol’ friends chia and flax. This makes it perfect for recovery post-workout. And guess what? It’s simple, and takes roughly half an hour. So what are you waiting for?
Go grab yourself:
- 1 cup raw Nutriseed Almonds
- 1 cup Nutriseed Walnuts
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Hemp Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp. Nutriseed Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch or two of salt
You ready? Here goes…
- Preheat the oven to 165°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, flax and hemp powders, chia seeds, maple syrup and a pinch or two of salt. Stir until the nuts are coated with the syrup.
- Pour the nut mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Roast the nuts at 165°C for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Once the nuts have roasted for 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the nuts have cooled slightly, transfer them to your food processor. Process the nuts on high for about 10 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides every minute or so.
- Once the nuts have turned into a glossy, slightly runny butter, you’re done!
- Transfer the nut butter to a glass container, and store at room temperature for up to a week. Enjoy!
Have your own recipes? We'd love to hear about them! Send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and if we use them, you will be entered into our monthly draw to win your very own very own Nutri-Megabox!