These Chia Muffins Are A Game Changer
Posted on November 18 2016
These Chia, Walnut & Banana Muffins are the perfect Autumnal snack or dessert for the family.
Straight out of oven, they are wonderfully warming and comforting with hints of vanilla, coconut, and of course bananas and walnuts.
Go on, feed your soul... You’ll thank us later.
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cups Nutriseed Organic Coconut Flour
- ¾ cup Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt (ground)
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (warmed slightly so it is in liquid form)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup Nutriseed Walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 175°C, and while its heating up grease 12 muffin cups or line them with baking paper.
- Mix the water and Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds together in a small bowl and then set aside until they form chia gel, which should take around 10 minutes.
- Combine the Nutriseed Organic Coconut Flour, Organic Coconut Sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and Himalayan Rock Salt together in a bowl. Whisk the chia gel, fat-free yogurt, Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, eggs, and Vanilla Powder together in a separate bowl. Stir into the flour mixture that you have made, just until the batter is moistened.
- Fold the mashed bananas and ¾ of the chopped Nutriseed Walnuts into the batter. Fill the muffin cups 2/3-full with batter, and top with the remainder of the
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, which should take around 22 to 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.