Warming Morning Hot Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
Chocolate for breakfast? The thought of it might bring out the child in you, but you can indulge guilt-free with this healthy and deliciously warming hot chocolate smoothie recipe.
This is best enjoyed by soaking your oats the night before. Overnight oats are awesome, but let’s be honest, sometimes you just don’t have the time to think that far ahead. You can still make this off the cuff by skipping to step 2 and 3, but then transferring your warm smoothie back to your blender and blend until it becomes creamy.
- ½ cup (or around 40 g) Nutriseed Whole Grain Porridge Oats
- 2 tbsp. (10 g) Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- 1 tbsp. (generous) Nutriseed Superfood Nut Butter
- 1 tsp. Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- The night before, add all ingredients (except Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Nibs) to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for a good few hours, but preferably overnight. Doing this in advance will give you a creamier, richer texture.
- When ready to eat, blend on high until your Nutriseed Whole Grain Porridge Oats are fully broken down and a smooth and the creamy consistency that you’re after is reached.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat, add your Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Nibs, and bring to a simmer or boil (depending on how hot you want it). If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra splash of almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your smoothie reaches your preferred temperature, transfer it to a heat-safe glass, garnish with Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Powder, and enjoy