Are You Ready For Superfood Christmas Pudding?
Posted on December 07 2016
"It's the most wonderful time of the year"
Make your christmas dinner even more magical this year with Superfood Christmas Pudding! The Nutriseed Kitchen has been busy this year formulating this recipe, combining signature superfoods, nuts and dried fruit to create nothing short of a masterpiece.
Serve as 12 mini christmas puds or one large one.
- 6 Nutriseed Pitted Dates
- 6 Nutriseed Dried Apricots
- 1 ½ cups Nutriseed Hazelnuts (finely ground)
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Lucuma Powder
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp. Nutrieed Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. Nutriseed Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- ⅓ cup Nutriseed Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Nutriseed Goji Berries
- ⅓ cup dried sour cherries
- ⅓ cup Nutriseed Dried White Mulberries
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Camu Camu Powder
- 2-3 tbsp. dark rum/sherry or brandy (optional and of course healthier without, but it does impart that Christmas pudding flavour!)
- ½ cup coconut butter
- A few extra Nutriseed Goji Berries for the garnish
- Begin to puree the Nutriseed Pitted Dates in your blender, and add in the orange juice and zest.
- Roughly chop you dried fruits; Nutriseed Dried White Mulberries, Dried Apricots, Goji Berries (leaving some for a garnish), Dried Cranberries & cherries, and set them aside in preparation of the next step.
- Place the Pitted Date/orange mixture into a bowl and begin to add mix in all of the remaining ingredients by hand (this is a little messy but lots of fun), ensuring that all ingredients are spread nice and evenly throughout the mixture.
- Mould by hand into little pudding shapes, balls or even a big pudding if you desire.
- Place and keep in the freezer, 24 hours before, when you place it into the fridge for defrosting.
- To serve, heat at 180°C for 40mins.
- Ice with softened coconut butter and garnish with Nutriseed Goji Berries before serving.