Gluten Free, Paleo Pizza Recipe
Being Paleo or following a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean you must eat boring, tasteless food. Foodies and baking enthusiasts have come up with creative ways to duplicate the best recipes around with diet-friendly ingredients so you can still indulge in your favourites, whatever your diet choices may be.
Make dinner prep time a family-bonding time by getting everyone in the kitchen to pitch in. Invite everyone to choose their own toppings so everyone can enjoy the pizza the way they like it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1-1/4 cups Nutriseed Coconut Flour
- Rich in fibre
- High in healthy fats
1/4 tsp Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- Contains 80+ minerals and elements
- Can contribute to electrolyte balance
2 tbsp Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- High in healthy fatty acids
- Burns at higher temperatures than most cooking oils
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda (you can substitute with ½ tsp lemon juice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Set aside a baking sheet or pizza pan
- Mix the Nutriseed Coconut Flour, Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt and baking soda (or lemon juice) in a small bowl until well-combined
- Whisk together the Nutrissed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, eggs and water in a large bowl. Once incorporated, add the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Let the mixture rest for five minutes
- Roll out and shape the dough between two pieces of oiled parchment paper. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment and slide the bottom parchment and crust onto the baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake for seven minutes
- Remove from the oven and finish up with your favourite toppings
- Bake for an additional five to seven minutes in 400F heat
- Serve and enjoy!
This pizza recipe is easy but healthy and tasty. The other good thing is, once the crust is done, you can choose from among your most favourite toppings to complete your meal.