Nutriseed Ghostly Ghoul Cookies
These ghostly ghoul cookies are the perfect addition to make your Halloween one to remember; your little terrors won’t get enough of them!
The recipe is quick and simple to make, and its gluten free too.
For the cookies:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 egg whites
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- 1½ cup Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour
- 1½ cup Nutriseed Almond Meal
- ½ cup Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- ¼ Nutriseed Organic Cacao Nibs
For the icing:
- 2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125g cream cheese, cold
For the cookies:
- Place the butter and Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until its all combined. Mix in the egg whites and Nutriseed Vanilla Powder. Add the Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour, Almond Meal and Organic Cacao Powder. Mix until a soft dough begins to form.
- Press the dough between two 18-inch sheet of baking paper. Roll the dough out to a 1-inch thickness, keeping it inside the two sheets of paper. Fold in half and refrigerate for around an hour until dough begins to firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove the dough from fridge and peel back part of the baking paper. Use the cookie cutter to press out the bat shapes. Transfer them to the cookie sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes until the ghosts are firm. Once baked, move to a cooling rack.
For the Icing:
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 mins.
- Spoon the icing mixture onto your ghost cookies, and use the Nutriseed Organic Cacao Nibs to form the eyes and mouth.
Keep in airtight container for up to 3 days.