Very Berry Summer Chia Pudding
Chia seeds. It’s hardly surprising that these tiny little seeds have become one of the world’s most loved superfoods. It’s partly because they are a fantastic source of plant-based protein (18g per 100g), but fibre too, and are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
There are numerous ways that you can enjoy chia seeds, but one of our favourites for sure is in a delicious chia pudding. The following recipe combines seasonal summer fruits with other delicious natural flavours to make the perfect light and healthy meal (or dessert) and makes enough for the family*.
- ⅓ cup & 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup (or to taste)
- ¼ Tbsp. Nutriseed Vanilla Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Acai Powder
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl, starting with the Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a large container or mason jar once mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours. (It’s during this time that the chia seeds will turn into a smooth gel).
- Serve cold and top with additional seasonal fruits.
*Makes 4 servings.