These cookies are to DIE for...
Posted on March 01 2016
Howdy Nutri Fans,
We continue to be amazed by the truly awesome recipes you guys come up with. Take Jessica Edmunds, AKA Blonde of Carbs – who made these scrumptious cookies with our Cacao Butter and Cacao Paste. Have a gander at her blog for recipes, reviews, fashion and inciting soliloquies of the life of a 21-year-old with a self-confessed ‘mentality of a lottery winner, lifestyle of a pauper’.
Anyway, we digress; back to the subject at hand. These cookies looked to die for and with her permission we wanted to share the recipe with you, our beloved Nutri Fans.
To make these beauts, go grab yourself:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup of Nutriseed Cacao Butter
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of Nutriseed Cacao Paste (cut into small chunks)
- ½ cup of Sweetener
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. Carob fruit syrup
You ready, here goes…
- In a mixing bowl add the flour and salt, whilst melting the Nutriseed Cacao Butter on the hob.
- Once melted beat the melted butter with the sugar and sweetener in a separate bowl to the dry ingredients.
- Add the two eggs and Carob Fruit Syrup to the wet mixture and whisk with a hand mixer until combined. (If eggs aren’t your thing, you can also use Flaxseed mixed with a ratio of 1:3 with water as a substitute).
- The next step is to slowly add the dry ingredients in until there are no lumps and it forms a dough. Only then add the Nutriseed Cacao Paste chunks by folding them into the dough. Then cover the dough with cling film and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has been cooled pre-heat the oven to 180 °C, and grease a tray with a small amount of Nutriseed Cacao Butter.
- Roll the dough out onto a board and cut out circular shapes with the end of a shot glass, making sure they are approximately 1cm thick. Then place them onto the greased tray and pop them into the oven for 10 minutes.
- When they’re done, and cooled on a cool rack you can either indulge in them as they are, or you can melt some Cacao paste to cover half of the cookies in.
Have your own recipes? We'd love to hear about them! Send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and if we use them, you will be entered into our monthly draw to win your very own very own Nutri-Megabox!