The Holy Grail of Healthy Chocolate Brownies
At Nutriseed, our philosophy is simple: we believe that every mouthful of food should be both health-giving and delicious. These brownies, with a mouthwatering balance of sweet, tart flavours, powered by earth grown nutrition, is the perfect example of just that.
(Makes 16 brownies)
For the base:
- A dab of Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil on greaseproof paper
- Heaping ½ cup Nutriseed Walnuts (80g)
- ½ cup (90g) Nutriseed Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 cup (44g) Nutriseed Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup (30g) Nutriseed Goji Berries
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Cacao Nibs
- ½ Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- 15 Nutriseed Pitted Dates (300g), halved
For the topping:
- ½ cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Nutriseed Walnuts
- 2 tsp. Nutriseed Goji Berries
- 1 tsp. Nutriseed Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1 pinch of Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- Prepare a 9x9 square pan (or a tart pan) with Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, rubbing on the sides and on the bottom with the greaseproof paper.
- Use a food processor to pulse the Nutriseed Walnuts and Pumpkin Seeds until fine.
- Add Nutriseed Raw Organic Cocoa Powder, Goji Berries, Organic Cacao Nibs and Himalayan Rock Salt and pulse until incorporated.
- Add the Nutriseed Pitted Dates and blitz until dates are completely mixed and are incorporated into the mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Use the bottom of a glass to press it in evenly. Pop the pan into the freezer for about 10 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- Melt the chocolate chips with Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the chilled brownie base and use a spoon to spread evenly.
- Garnish with Nutriseed Walnuts, Goji Berries, Organic Cacao Nibs, and a sprinkle of Himalayan Rock Salt. Chill again the the freezer for 20 minutes, then cut into 16 pieces. Store in the fridge for up to a week.