Maca Cookies: A Revolution In Healthy Baking
Like cookies? Enjoy the naturally energising benefits of Organic Maca Powder? These superfood-infused cookies are for you.
Combining a range of Nutriseed favourites including Organic Maca Powder, Ground Golden Flaxseed and Porridge Oats with flavours of cinnamon, almond, coconut and chocolate, you will only wish you had this recipe sooner.
Makes approx. 18 cookies.
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Ground Golden Flaxseed
- 1 cup Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tbsp Nutriseed Organic Maca Powder
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Nutriseed Himalayan Rock Salt
- ¼ cup Nutriseed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 cups Nutriseed Whole Grain Porridge Oats
- 1 cup Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup Nutriseed Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Nutriseed Ground Golden Flaxseed and the unsweetened almond milk. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Nutriseed Organic Brown Rice Flour, Maca Powder, baking powder, baking soda, Ground Cinnamon, and Himalayan Rock Salt and mix it together well.
- Add the Nutriseed Organic Coconut Sugar and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil into the large bowl with the Ground Flaxseed mixture, stirring well so that it is fully combined.
- Blend the dry mixture into the wet to form a sticky dough. Fold in the Nutriseed Porridge Oats and Organic Cacao Nibs. Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheets in golf-ball-size mounds, and flatten into ½-inch cookies with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. Stored in a sealed container, cookies will keep for up to a week.