Nutriseed Is Fuelling Team GB!
Posted on August 16 2016
Nutriseed is fuelling the Rio 2016 Olympics! Well, a small part of it anyway…
When Kirsty Mackay of Team GB Hockey got in touch to let us know that she’s a Nutri Fan, we were only too intrigued to hear what Nutriseed products she uses to fuel for optimum training and performance.
Want to fuel your workout like an Olympian? Here’s Kirsty’s very own smoothie bowl recipe...
Kirsty Mackay's Acai Berry & Oat Protein Bowl
- 1 heaped tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Acai Powder
- 1 heaped tbsp. Nutriseed Bee Pollen
- 3 heaped tbsp. Nutriseed Porridge Oats
- 1 handful of frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 scoop of Nutriseed Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 180ml almond milk or any other milk alternative that you have. (Add more if required for your desired consistency)
"I like to prepare this the night before an early morning training session. It is really quick, easy to prepare and quite simply really tasty!!! I literally put all of the ingredients together in a bowl, give it a good stir to mix it all together and then cover and store in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you can roll out of bed, into the fridge and your done! Your overnight oats will have soaked up all of the liquid, almost Bircher muesli style."
"This is the perfect start to my day nutritionally, as I get a good hit of slow releasing carbohydrate, protein and a portion of my '5 a day'!"
Kirsty Mackay, Team GB Hockey