Superfood Energy Bars Anyone?
Posted on June 03 2016
Make these delicious homemade energy bars once and you’re good for the week. Age-old saying? Nope, its just how we love to enjoy these, and the best part is not only are they nutritionally AWESOME, giving you the energy and healthy fats that you need, they also taste as good as they look.
These little babies are the perfect on-the-go vegan superfood snack (and perfect for brekkie!).
Go grab yourself:
- 1½ cups soft Medjool dates (15-16) pits removed
- ¼ cup Nutriseed Almonds
- ⅓ cup Nutrised Cashews
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup Nutriseed Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 4 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Nutriseed Ground Golden Flaxseed
- 1 tsp. Nutriseed Organic Maca Powder
- ½ cup dried fruits (Nutriseed Dried Cranberries, Goji Berries and White Mulberries work best)
- 2 tbsp. Nutriseed Goji Berries
You ready? Here goes...
- Lightly grease and 8x8-inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- Grind all ingredients together in a food processor except for the ½ cup dried fruits and goji berries, until a coarse dough has formed. Stop the machine and check the consistency. The dough should stick together easily. If the dough is too dry add a small amount of water ½ teaspoon at a time and blend again.
- When the desired consistency is achieved, add the last 2 ingredients and pulse few times. Keep some chunky texture.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing and pounding to flatten out the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the bar in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Cut into 8 bars.